1216 Squadron

We parade twice a week on Tuesdays and Fridays, between 19:00 and 21:30 hours. We are located behind Pavillion on the Park at the back of the town's main leisure site, Fleming Park. The squadron strength is circa 60 cadets with ~40 down most nights, with both males and females in attendance. As a progressive squadron, we are focused on the future and always welcome new cadets to the squadron.

Volunteer Staff

Every parent's primary concern is for the safety and well-being of their son or daughter. The long history of the Air Cadet Organisation is a testament to our expertise and care in this area and allows us to provide a varied training programme under the guidance of experienced and trustworthy staff. The staff at 1216 (Eastleigh) Squadron are always available to speak to and will put your mind at rest regarding any concerns you may have.

The ATC trains and prepares all staff members to deal with the needs of young people and encourage them in all endeavours they undertake. Volunteer staff, at all levels, are strictly checked through the Disclosure and Barring Service (formally the Criminal Records Bureau) and receive internal security checks, before they can take sole charge or responsibility for cadets. Furthermore, all volunteers are also fully trained and qualified in any activities that they are leading.

Rest assured, only with skilled, capable and responsible volunteers would we be able maintain such high standards whilst pushing the cadets to be the high achievers they are both safely and confidently.

Facilities

The squadron moved into the purpose built Joint Cadet Centre in Easter 2008. These premises are shared with 11 (Eastleigh) Platoon Army Cadets. We have 2 classrooms, as well as access to the ACF's classrooms, giving us a total of 4 classrooms. There is a large parade hall, canteen and purpose built stores room. There is also a staff Orderly Office and Officer Commanding's office.

We make use of the leisure facilities for sports nights as well as the old golf course that is to the rear of our site for navigation training.

History

The Squadron was formed on the 13th March 1941 and was originally based at what was Northend School, which is now where Hampshire Fire Headquarters is located. We then moved to Woodside Avenue until 2008 when we moved into our new purpose built accommodation on Kingfisher Road.